Dr. Sheffield Hemorrhoid
Medically reviewed on October 23, 2017.
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: ZINC OXIDE 125mg in 1g, PRAMOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 1g
Labeler: Sheffield Pharmaceuticals, LLC
NDC Code: 11527-056
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Zinc Oxide 12.5%
- for the temporary relief of local and anorectal itching, burning and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids, and anorectal disorders, inflamed hemorrhoidal tissues or piles.
- If condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days, consult a doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
- In case of bleeding, consult a doctor promptly.
- Do not use this product with an applicator if the introduction of the applicator into the rectum causes additional pain. Consult a doctor promptly.
- Certain persons can develop allergic reactions to ingredients in this product. If the symptom being treated does not subside or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain, or other symptoms develop or increase, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults: When practical, cleanse the affected area with mild soap and warm water, rinse thoroughly. Gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before application of this product.
- Children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor.
- Remove cap from tube and puncture seal with opposite end of cap.
- For external use; cover the entire affected area with a thin layer up to 5 times daily.
- FOR INTRARECTAL USE: Attach applicator to tube. Lubricate applicator well, then gently insert into rectum. Squeeze tube to deliver medication.
- Store at room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F).
- Close cap tightly after use.
- Applicator included in carton.
Dicalcium Phosphate. Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Polyethylene Wax, Shark Liver Oil, Talc
Pramoxine HCL 1% Anesthetic
Helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
NET WT. 0.75 oz. (21g)
|DR. SHEFFIELD HEMORRHOID
zinc oxide and pramoxine hydrochloride ointment
|Labeler - Sheffield Pharmaceuticals, LLC (151177797)|
|Sheffield Pharmaceuticals, LLC||151177797||MANUFACTURE(11527-056)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about pramoxine/zinc oxide topical
- Pramoxine/zinc oxide topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anorectal preparations