Pain Relief Extra Strength by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on Jan 5, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg in 15mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-872
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 90 mL (6 tbsp) (3,000 mg) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks ever day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more then 4 doses in any 24 hours period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- adults and children 12 years and over
- 30 mL every 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
- each 15 mL contains:sodium 6 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF) do not refrigerate
- protect from light
citric acid, D&C red 33, FD&C red 40, flavors, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Acetaminophen, 500 mg
Pain reliever, fever reducer
for ages 12 and over
Adult Rapid Burst
Compare to the active ingredient in Tylenol® Extra Strength Acetaminophen*
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, distributor of Tylenol® Extra Strength Acetaminophen.
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|