Wal-Zan by Walgreens Company
Medically reviewed on Mar 13, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: RANITIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE 150mg
Labeler: Walgreens Company
NDC Code: 0363-1030
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Ranitidine 150 mg (as ranitidine hydrochloride, USP 168 mg)
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain foods and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to ranitidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- if you have kidney disease, except under the advice and supervision of a doctor
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 30 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- can be used up to twice daily (do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours)
- children under 12 years; ask a doctor
- do not use if printed foil under bottle cap is broken or torn
- store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F)
- avoid excessive heat or humidity
- this product is sodium and sugar free
carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, ferric oxide red, ferric oxide yellow, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, titanium dioxide and vanillin.
Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended
Walgreens Pharmacist Survey
†† This product is not manufactured or distributed by Chattem [A Sanofi Company], distributor of ZANTAC 150Tablets. ZANTAC 150 is a registered trademark of Chattem [A Sanofi Company]
|Labeler - Walgreens Company (008965063)|
|Registrant - Apotex Inc. (209429182)|
|Accucaps Industries Limited||248441727||analysis(0363-1030), manufacture(0363-1030)|
|Accucaps Industries Limited Strathroy||243944050||analysis(0363-1030), manufacture(0363-1030)|
|Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging||143213275||pack(0363-1030)|
|Apotex Inc.||209429182||analysis(0363-1030), manufacture(0363-1030)|
|Apotex Inc.||205576023||analysis(0363-1030), manufacture(0363-1030)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.