Stomach Relief Original Strength
Medically reviewed on September 4, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg in 15mL
Labeler: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation (Good Neighbor Pharmacy) 24385
NDC Code: 24385-302
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever/Antidiarrheal
- upset stomach
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate
Do not take if you are:
- taking other salicylate products
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- a sodium-restricted diet
- mucus in the stool
taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Posion Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter; TBSP = tablespoon
- use the enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product, or tablespoon (TBSP)
- adults and children 12 years and over
- 1 dose (30 mL or 2 TBSP) every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL or 16 TBSP) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each tablespoon contains: sodium 15 mg
- sugar free
- keep tightly closed
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104ºF or 40ºC)
Total salicylate per tablespoon 130 mg
benzoic acid, D&C red #22, D&C red #28, flavor, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, purified water, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid
*Compare to the active ingredient in Original Pepto-Bismol®
Bismuth Subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset Stomach Reliever/Antidiarrheal
Soothing relief for 5 symptoms:
- Upset Stomach
FL OZ (mL)
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, distributor of Pepto-Bismol®.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
1300 Morris Drive, Chesterbrook, PA 19087
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation (Good Neighbor Pharmacy) 24385 (007914906)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.