Mucus Relief Cold Flu and Sore Throat Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on May 10, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 20mL, ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 20mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 20mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: TOP CARE (Topco Associates LLC)
NDC Code: 36800-036
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not use more than directed.
- redness or swelling is present
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- new symptoms occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measue only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium12 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, disodium EDTA,, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call toll free 1-888-423-0139
COMPARE TO MAXIMUM STRENGTH MUCINEX® FAST-MAX COLD, FLU & SORE THROAT ACTIVE INGREDIENTS*
Cold, Flu & Sore Throat
ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg PAIN RELIEVER • FEVER REDUCER
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr 20 mg • COUGH SUPPRESSANT
GUAIFENESIN 400 mg • EXPECTORANT
PHENYLEPHRINE HCI 10 mg • NASAL DECONGESTANT
- Relieves Headache & Fever
- Controls Cough
- Relieves Nasal & Chest Congestion
- thins & loosens Mucus
FOR AGES 12 +
FL OZ (mL)
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, Distributor of Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold, Flu & Sore throat.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
DISTRIBUTED BY: TOPCO ASSOCIATES LLC
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007
COLD FLU AND SORE THROAT MAXIMUM STRENGTH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - TOP CARE (Topco Associates LLC) (006935977)|