Mucus Relief Cold and Sinus Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on August 11, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 20mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 20mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: Western Family Foods, Inc.
NDC Code: 55312-036
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not use more than directed.
- nervousness,dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 12 mg
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, EDTA disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
Maximum Strength mucus relief cold & sinus
Acetaminophen * Aches & Fever
Guaifenesin * Chest Congestion & Mucus
Phenylephrine HCI * Stuffy Nose
For ages 12 & over
Compare to the Active Ingredients of Mucinex® Fast-Max®Maximum Strength Cold & Sinus Liquid*
FL OZ (mL)
Proudly Distributed by:
Western Family Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 4057, Portland, OR 97208 USA
Questions or comments?
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Mucinex® Fast-Max® Maximum Strength Cold &Sinus Liquid
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
COLD AND SINUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH
acetaminophen, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Western Family Foods, Inc. (192166072)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.