Severe Cold and Flu nighttime by Target Corporation
Medically reviewed on June 13, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 6.25mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Target Corporation
NDC Code: 11673-677
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves common cold and flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sinus congestion and pressure
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose and sneezing
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
if a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets with water every 4 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
black iron oxide, corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to active ingredients in Vicks®NyQuil®Severe Cold & Flu*
severe cold & flu
acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer)
dextromethorphan HBr (cough suppressant)
doxylamine succinate (antihistamine)
phenylephrine HCl / (nasal decongestant)
aches, fever and sore throat
nasal congestion and cough
sneezing and runny nose
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, owner of the registered trademark Vicks® NyQuil® Severe Cold & Flu.
Distributed by Target Corporation
Minneapolis, MN 55403
© 2017 Target Brands, Inc.
|SEVERE COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, doxylamine succinate, phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Target Corporation (006961700)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(11673-677)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(11673-677)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.