Family Care Cough Nighttime
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 10, 2020.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30mg in 30mL, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 12.5mg in 30mL
Labeler: United Exchange Corp.
NDC Code: 65923-625
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Active ingredients (in each 30 mL dose cup) Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg................................Cough suppressant
Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg.......................................Antihistamine
Uses temporarily relieves cold symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose and sneezing
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- excistability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take only as directed
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
adults & children 12 years over: 30 mL (2 TBSP) every 6 hrs
children 4 to under 12 years: ask a doctor
children under 4 years: do not use
- each 30 mL dose cup contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at room temperature
alcohol, cherry essence, citric acid hydrate, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate hydrate, sodium saccharin, xanthan gum
United Exchange Corp.
17211 Valley View Ave.
Cerritos, CA 90703
Made in Korea
|FAMILY CARE COUGH NIGHTTIME
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate liquid
|Labeler - United Exchange Corp. (840130579)|
More about dextromethorphan / doxylamine
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (1)