Nighttime Cold and Flu Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on November 6, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 20mL, DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 25mg in 20mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 20mL
NDC Code: 0363-0460
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Diphenhydramine HCI 25 mg
Phenylephrine HCI 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Antihistamine / cough suppressant
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms
- nasal congestion
- minor ache and pains
- sore throat
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
- controls cough to help you get to sleep
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other drug containing diphenhydramine even one used on the skin
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- for children under 12 years of age
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash, or headache that lasts These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) can cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hours period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and older :
- 20 mL every 4 hours while symptoms last
- children under 12 years of age do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 12 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77F). Do not refrigerate
citric acid, disodium EDTA, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Night Time Cold & Flu active ingredients††
Cold & Flu
ACETAMINOPHEN / PAIN RELIEVER & FEVER REDUCER
DIPHENHYDRAMINE HCI / ANTIHISTAMINE / COUGH SUPPRESSANT
PHENYLEPHRINE HCI / NASAL DECONGESTANT
- Relieves aches, fever & sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose & sneezing
- Controls cough
- For ages 12 & over
FL OZ (mL)
††This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Night Time Cold & Flu
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
DISTRIBUTED BY : WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
|NIGHTTIME COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, diphenhydramine hci, phenylephrine hci liquid
|Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)|