Mucus Relief Severe Congestion and Cough Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on September 5, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-6480
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- nasal congestion due to a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
do not exceed recommended dosage.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- persistent cough lasts for more than one week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- use by expiration date on package
corn starch, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED‡
Severe Congestion & Cough
Dextromethorphan HBr / Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal Decongestant
• Controls cough
• Relieves nasal & chest congestion
• Thins & loosens mucus
Compare to Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX®
Severe Congestion & Cough active ingredients‡‡
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER
UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
walgreens.com ©2016 Walgreen Co.
ǂWalgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2014.
ǂǂThis product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt
Benckiser LLC, owner of the registered trademark
Maximum Strength Mucinex® FAST-MAX® Severe
Congestion & Cough.
50844 REV0214A64809 ORG0415-F_R01
|MUCUS RELIEF SEVERE CONGESTION AND COUGH
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0363-6480)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(0363-6480)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.