PREPARATION H by Pfizer Canada Inc.
Medically reviewed on July 9, 2018
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 1g, MINERAL OIL 140mg in 1g, PETROLATUM 749mg in 1g
Labeler: Pfizer Canada Inc.
NDC Code: 14037-2871
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(mineral oil, petrolatum and phenylephrine HCl)
Mineral oil 14%
Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves burning
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For external and/or intrarectal use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying ointment.
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- intrarectal use:
- remove cover from applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert applicator into the rectum
- thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace cover
- also apply ointment to external area
- regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, corn oil, glycerin, lanolin, lanolin alcohols, methylparaben, mineral oil, paraffin, propylparaben, purified water, thymus vulgaris (thyme) flower/leaf oil, tocopherols excipient, white wax
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374.
THIS PACKAGE CONTAINS AN OUTER CARTON. DO NOT BUY IF OUTER CARTON IS MISSING.
- Prompt, Soothing Relief from Painful
Burning, Itching and Discomfort
- Shrinks Swollen Hemorrhoidal Tissue
- Protects Irritated Tissue
- Relieves Internal and External Discomfort
NET WT 1 OZ (28 g)
mineral oil, petrolatum, phenylephrine hydrochloride ointment
|Labeler - Pfizer Canada Inc. (246770197)|
|Pfizer Canada Inc.||246770197||ANALYSIS(14037-2871), LABEL(14037-2871), MANUFACTURE(14037-2871), PACK(14037-2871)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about phenylephrine topical
- Phenylephrine topical Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: anorectal preparations
- Phenylephrine rectal
- Phenylephrine Rectal Cream, Gel, and Ointment
- Phenylephrine Rectal Suppositories