Cold Relief Multi Symptom Severe
Medically reviewed on June 29, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 30mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 30mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 30mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 30mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-941
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- for the temporary relief of the following cold/flu symptoms
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more aloholic drinks daily while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fevere, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription), If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not use more than directed.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse, or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse, or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommneded dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 5 doses in any 24 hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- shake well before using
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 30 mL every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 30 mL contains: sodium 10 mg
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, ethyl alcohol, FD&C blue 1, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Acetaminophen- Pain reliever, fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr-Cough suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl-Nasal decongestant
Relieves: headache, fever, sore throat, mucus, nasal congestion, coughing, chest congestion
Cool Mint Flavor
FL OZ (mL)
For ages 12 & over
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND DOSAGE CUP OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Tylenol® Cold Multi-Symptom Severe Cool Burst®
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
MULTI SYMPTOM SEVERE
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.