Childrens Allergy Plus Congestion
Medically reviewed on August 30, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 12.5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
NDC Code: 0363-0409
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mg
Phenylephrine HCI 5 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies
- runny nose
- stuffy nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- nasal congestion
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
- stuffy nose
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)(certain drugs for depression, psychiatic, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic brochitis
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness,dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
ask a health professional before use
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
|children under 4 years||do not use|
|children 4 to 5 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children 6 to 11 years||5 mL every 4 hours|
|adults and children 12 years and over||10 mL every 4 hours|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 8 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)
- do not refrigerate. Protect from light.
carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, disodium EDTA, FD&C blue#1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbital, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-4PM EST
Compare to Children's Benadryl® Allergy Plus Congestion active ingredients††
Allergy & Congestion
DIPHENHYDRAMINE HCI 12.5 mg /
PHENYLEPHRINE HCI 5 mg /
4 - 6 HOUR RELIEF
- Relieves sinus congestion, stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, itchy throat or nose & itchy, watery eyes
6 YEARS & OLDER
DOSAGE CUP PROVIDED
††This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Children's Benadryl® Allergy Plus Congestion.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD. IL 60015
|CHILDRENS ALLERGY PLUS CONGESTION
diphenhydramine hydrochloride, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about diphenhydramine/phenylephrine
- Diphenhydramine/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Diphenhydramine and phenylephrine
- Diphenhydramine/Phenylephrine Chewable Tablets
- Diphenhydramine and Phenylephrine Liquid, Solution, and Syrup
- Diphenhydramine and Phenylephrine Oral Strips