Medically reviewed on June 25, 2018
Dosage form: solution/ drops
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 1mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 1mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 1mL
Labeler: Alternative Pharmacal Corporation
NDC Code: 53163-107
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each 1 mL) Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr............ 5 mg............. Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin.......................... 100 mg............. Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl................ 2.5 mg.............. Nasal Decongestant
- non-narcotic cough suppreassant which temporarily calms due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with common cold
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages; temporarily relieves sinus openings and passages; temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressur
- helps lossen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages; temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
a persistant cough may be sign of a serious condition. If cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache, consult a doctor.
DO NOT USE
If a child is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug that contains MAOI; ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid deases
- Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or where cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor before use if:
- your child gets nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health profession before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not use more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period
- Repeat every 4 hours
- Measure with dosage device provided. Do not use with any other device
|Children 6 years to under 12 years of age||2 ml|
|Children 2 years to under 6 years of age||Ask a doctor|
|Children under 2 years of age||Ask a doctor|
Store at room temperature 150 - 300C (590-860F)
Tamper Evident Feature: Do not use if seal is torn, broken or missing. Avoid excessive heat or humidity.
citric acid, grape flavor, glycerin, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, and sucralose
Questions or comments? 1-786-507-1566
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl solution/ drops
|Labeler - Alternative Pharmacal Corporation (078528214)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.