Pepto-Bismol by JC World Bell Wholesale Co., Inc.
Medically reviewed on Jun 1, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: Bismuth Subsalicylate 262mg
Labeler: JC World Bell Wholesale Co., Inc.
NDC Code: 50269-691
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- travelers' diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- chew or dissolve in mouth
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (16 tablets) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each tablet contains: calcium 140 mg
- sodium less than 1 mg
- salicylate 102 mg
- very low sodium
- sugar free
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
calcium carbonate, flavor, magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, red 27 aluminum lake, saccharin sodium, talc
Packaged & Distributed by:
JC World bell Wholesale Co., Inc.
Hackensack. NJ 07601
bismuth subsalicylate tablet, chewable
|Labeler - JC World Bell Wholesale Co., Inc. (805257581)|
|Procter & Gamble Manufactura, S. de R.L. de C.V.||812807550||manufacture(50269-691)|