Childrens Daytime Cold and Cough
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
NDC Code: 59779-890
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL, 1 teaspoonful)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves
- nasal and sinus congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
Do not use
- in a child under 4 years of age
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts, or as occurs with asthma
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough persists for more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- may be given every 4 hours. Do not give more than 6 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- use enclosed dosing cup only. Keep for use with this product only. Do not use any other dosing device.
- mL= milliliter
|children under 4 years of age
||do not use
|children 4 to under 6 years of age||5 mL (1 teaspoonful)
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||10 mL (2 teaspoonfuls)
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Red # 40, flavors, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, xanthan gum
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2015 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
Made in USA
Each 5 mL (1 tsp) dose of oral solution
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr, USP - 5 mg
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl, USP - 2.5 mg
- Stuffy nose
|CHILDRENS DAYTIME COLD AND COUGH
dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (062312574)|
|Registrant - Aurohealth LLC (078728447)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.