Childrens Plus Cold by Walgreens
Medically reviewed on February 19, 2018
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
NDC Code: 0363-0026
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Phenylephrine HCI 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- sneezing and runny nose
- sore throat
- stuffy nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses (10 mL each) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs contaning acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning )
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or last more than 3 days
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- mL = milliliter
- shake well before using
- do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible use weight to dose;otherwise use age.
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|36-47||4-5||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|under 36||under 4||do not use|
- store between 20-25ºC(68-77F). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red 40, flavors, glycerin, microrocrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever / fever reducer
Chlorpheniramine maleate / Antihistamine
Phenylephrine HCI / Nasal Decongestant
- Fever & sore throat
- Sneezing & runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Oral suspension
- For ages 6 to 11 years
DOSAGE CUP PROVIDED
FL OZ (mL)
Compare to Children's Tylenol® Plus Cold active ingredient≠≠
≠≠This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Children's Tylenol® Plus Cold.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
|CHILDRENS PLUS COLD
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine hci suspension
|Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.