Childrens Plus Flu by Walgreens
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
NDC Code: 0363-0030
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCI 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- stuffy nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy Alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs contaning acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- to make a child sleepy
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (Prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning )
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or last more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or last more than 3 days
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts,
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) could cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- mL =milliliter
- shake well before using
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use with any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose: otherwise us
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose ( mL)|
|36-47||4-5||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|under 36||under 4||do not use|
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77F)
- do not refrigerate
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever/Fever reducer
Chlorpheniramine maleate / Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr / Cough suppressant
Phenylephrine HCI / Nasal Decongestant
- relieves aches, fever, sore throat, sneezing, cough, and running & stuffy nose
- oral suspension
- For ages 6 to 11
BUBBLE GUM FLAVOR
Compare to Children's Tylenol® Plus Flu active ingredient≠≠
DOSAGE CUP PROVIDED
FL OZ (mL)
≠≠This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Children's Tylenol® Plus Flu.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
|CHILDRENS PLUS FLU
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hci suspension
|Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 17, 2018