Docusol Plus by Enemeez Inc. DBA Summit Pharmaceuticals
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 283mg in 5mL, BENZOCAINE 20mg in 5mL
Labeler: Enemeez Inc. DBA Summit Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 17433-9883
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient (per mini enema)
Docusate Sodium USP 283 mg
Benzocaine 20 mg
Docusate Sodium USP 283mg...............Stool Softener Laxative
Benzocaine 20 mg....................................................Anesthetic
- For relief of occasional constipation (irregularity).
- This product generally produces a stimulus and bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes.
For rectal use only. Individuals with sensitivity to Benzocaine should not use this product.
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
- to use laxative products for a period longer than 1 week.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking mineral oil.
- have rectal bleeding.
- Noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
- failed to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition.
Pregnant or Lactating Women, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion or overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
For relief of occasional constipation (irregularity). This product generally produces a stimulus and bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older (with adult supervision) one to three units daily. Children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor prior to use.
- Twist off and remove tip.
- Lubricate tip prior to insertion: Place a few drops of the tube’s liquid content on the shaft prior to insertion. Also apply liquid content or lubricant to the anus before inserting the mini-enema.
Positioning: For best results, lay on the left side with knees bent.
Alternate Positions: Administer while seated on the toilet.Kneel with the left arm folded comfortably, then lower head and chest forward until side of face is resting on the surface.
- With steady pressure, gently insert the tube into the rectum with care to prevent damage to the rectal wall. Squeeze to empty the contents. Keep the tube squeezed until it is removed from the rectum. After the contents have been emptied, remove the disposable tube and discard. A small amount of liquid may remain in the unit after use.
Store at room temperature 15°-30° C (59°-86° F)
Polyethylene Glycol and Glycerin USP
Questions or Comments: 1-888-273-9734
Summit Pharmaceuticals, Phoenix, AZ 85050
Alliance Labs, L.L.C
2515 E. Rose Garden Lane, Suite #1
Phoenix, AZ 85050
|Labeler - Enemeez Inc. DBA Summit Pharmaceuticals (010717819)|
|Enemeez Inc. DBA Summit Pharmaceuticals||010717819||manufacture(17433-9883)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.