Tussin CF Adult Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on March 12, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 10mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 10mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 10mL
Labeler: EQUATE (Walmart Stores, Inc.)
NDC Code: 49035-412
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant.
do not use more than directed.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- shake well before using
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years and over: 10 mL every 4 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use
- each 10 mL contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at 20º-25°C (68º-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, menthol, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
Compare to Robitussin® maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Cold CF Active Ingredients*
Adult Maximum Strength
Cough- Dextromethorphan HBr
Chest Congestion & Mucus- Guaifenesin
Stuffy Nose- Phenylephrine HCl
- For ages 12 and over
- Alcohol free
FL OZ (mL)
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNIGNS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, distributors of Robitussin® Maximum Strength
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL ON THE BOTTLE OR UNDER THE CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
ADULT MAXIMUM STRENGTH
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - EQUATE (Walmart Stores, Inc.) (051957769)|
|Registrant - P & L Development, LLC (800014821)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.