Childrens Cold and Allergy by Select Brand Dist.
Dosage form: elixir
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Select Brand Dist.
NDC Code: 15127-954
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately.
- do not take more than 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- use enclosed dosage cup
- tsp = teaspoon, mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over||4 teaspoons (20 mL) every 4 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years||2 teaspoons (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|children under 6 years||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at room temperature
blue #1, citric acid, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, red 40, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose
Children's Cold & Allergy Elixir
Stuffy Nose; Itchy, Watery Eyes; Runny Nose; Sneezing
Brompheniramine Maleate - Antihistamine
Phenylephrine HCl - Nasal Decongestant
*Compare to the Active Ingredients of DIMETAPP® Elixir
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL ON THE BOTTLE IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Wyeth Consumer Healthcare, distributors of Dimetapp®.
DISTRIBUTED BY: SELECT BRAND® DISTRIBUTORS
Pine Bluff, AR 71603 USA
AC (870) 535-3635
MADE IN THE USA
|CHILDRENS COLD AND ALLERGY
brompheniramine maleate, phenylephrine hcl elixir
|Labeler - Select Brand Dist. (012578514)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 15, 2018