Childrens Plus Cough and Runny Nose
Medically reviewed on October 12, 2017
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Select Brand Dist.
NDC Code: 15127-950
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs contaning acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts for more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not take more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
- shake well before using
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptom last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weigh to dose; otherwise, use age.
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|36-47||4-5||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|under 36||under 4||do not use|
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)
- do not refrigerate
acesulfame potassium, alcohol, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, D&C red 33, FD&C red 40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, microcrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, xanthan gum
Children's Plus Cough & Runny Nose
Acetaminophen Pain Reliever / Fever Reducer
Chlorpheniramine maleate Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr Cough Suppressant
*Compare to the active ingredients in Children's Tylenol® Plus Cough & Runny Nose
- Fever/Sore Throat
- Runny Nose & Sneezing
FL OZ (mL)
Dosage Cup Provided
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Children's Tylenol® Plus Cough & Runny Nose.
DISTRIBUTED BY: SELECT BRAND® DISTRIBUTORS
Pine Bluff, AR 71603 USA AC (870) 535-3635
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.org
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
|CHILDRENS PLUS COUGH AND RUNNY NOSE
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide suspension
|Labeler - Select Brand Dist. (012578514)|