HEB DayTime Flu And Severe Cold And Cough
Medically reviewed on February 20, 2018
Dosage form: powder, for solution
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 650mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10mg
NDC Code: 37808-539
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each packet)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains
- minor sore throat pain
- nasal and sinus congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
- in a child under 4 years of age
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- take every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
|children 4 to under 12 years of age||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||one packet|
- dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water: sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water: stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- each packet contains: potassium 4 mg, sodium 27 mg
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 34 mg per packet
- store at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect product from heat and moisture.
acesulfame potassium, aspartame, citric acid anhydrous, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, maltodextrin, sodium citrate anhydrous, sucrose, and pregelatinized starch.
DISTRIBUTED BY H-E-B®, SAN ANTONIO, TX 78204
Compare to the active ingredients in Theraflu®
Daytime Severe Cold & Cough*
FLU & SEVERE COLD & COUGH
Acetaminophen - Pain reliever/fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr - Cough suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl - Nasal decongestant
- Nasal & Sinus Congestion
- Body Ache
- Sore Throat Pain
Berry Infused with
Menthol & Green Tea Flavors
See New Warnings
Information & Directions
|HEB DAYTIME FLU AND SEVERE COLD AND COUGH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride powder, for solution
|Labeler - HEB (007924756)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.