Cold and Flu severe by Wal-Mart Stores Inc
Medically reviewed on July 12, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Wal-Mart Stores Inc
NDC Code: 49035-053
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- heart disease
- liver disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- high blood pressure
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not exceed recommended dosage.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- swallow whole - do not crush, chew, or dissolve
- do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to Tylenol® COLD + FLU SEVERE Active Ingredients*
Cold & Flu
Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine HCl
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer,
Cough Suppressant, Expectorant,
• Headache, fever, sore throat
• Nasal congestion
• Chest congestion
24 CAPLETS Actual Size
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Satisfaction guaranteed - Or we'll replace it or give you your money back.
For questions or comments or to report an undesired reaction or side effect, please call 1-888-287-1915.
Distributed by: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Bentonville, AR 72716
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Tylenol® COLD + FLU SEVERE.
|COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen,dextromethorphan hbr,guaifenesin,phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Wal-Mart Stores Inc (051957769)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(49035-053)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(49035-053)|