Mucus Relief Cold Flu and Sore Throat Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on Nov 16, 2016
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 20mL, ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 20mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 20mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: EQUALINE (SuperValu)
NDC Code: 41163-035
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- sinus congestion and pressure
- minor aches and pain
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:L
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not use more than directed.
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measue only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL every 4 hours while symptoms last
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 12 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, disodium EDTA,, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call toll free 1-877-932-7948
Compare to Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold, Flu & Sore Throat active ingredients*
Cold, flu & sore throat
acetaminophen (pain reliever-fever reducer)
dextromethorphan HBr (cough suppressant)
phenylephrine HCl (nsasal decongestant)
- relieves headache & fever
- controls cough
- relieves nasal & chest congestion
- thins & loosens mucus
for ages 12 & over
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Distributed by Supervalu Inc.
Eden Praire, MN 55344 USA
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold, Flu & Sore Throat.
COLD FLU AND SORE THROAT MAXIMUM STRENGTH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - EQUALINE (SuperValu) (006961411)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.