Childrens Ibuprofen by Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: IBUPROFEN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
NDC Code: 0121-1836
Ibuprofen 100 mg (NSAID)
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
- relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headache and toothache
- reduces fever
Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin.
Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if your child:
- has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- takes more or for a longer time than directed
NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
- if the child has ever had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
- child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- child has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- child has not been drinking fluids
- child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
- child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or had a stroke
- child has asthma
- child is taking a diuretic
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
- give with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feels faint
- vomits blood
- has bloody or black stools
- has stomach pain that does not get better
- child has symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- weakness in one part or side of body
- slurred speech
- leg swelling
- the child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatment
- fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- if needed repeat dose every 6–8 hours
- do not use more than 4 times a day
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|**or as directed by a doctor|
|Under 24 lbs||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24–35 lbs||2–3 years||5 mL|
|36–47 lbs||4–5 years||7.5 mL|
|48–59 lbs||6–8 years||10 mL|
|60–71 lbs||9–10 years||12.5 mL|
|72–95 lbs||11 years||15 mL|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 2 mg
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- do not freeze
Children's Ibuprofen Oral Suspension is an orange, berry flavored suspension supplied in the following oral dosage form:
|NDC 0121-1836-05:||5 mL unit dose cup. Case contains 100 unit dose cups of 5 mL packaged in 10 trays of 10 unit dose cups each.|
anhydrous citric acid, artificial mixed berry flavor, D&C yellow #10, FD&C red #40, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, xanthan gum.
Call 1-800-845-8210. You may also report serious side effects to this phone number.
17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233
Livonia, MI 48152
Greenville, SC 29605
|Labeler - Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc. (044940096)|
|Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.||097630693||repack(0121-1836)|
Medically reviewed on Feb 6, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.