Childrens Plus Multi Symptom Cold
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS)
NDC Code: 55319-304
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- stuffy nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child take:
- more than 5 doses (10 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- to make a child sleepy
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may ocur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notic any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- shake well before using
- do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|36-47||4-5||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|under 36||under 4||do not use|
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate
carboxymethylcellulose sodium,microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous citric acid, D&C red 33, FD&C blue 1, FD&C red 40, flavors, glycerin, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN CHILDREN'S TYLENOL® PLUS MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD®
FOR AGES 6-11 YEARS
Children's Plus Multi-Symptom Cold
Fever reducer, pain reliever, antihistamine
Cough suppressant, nasal decongestant
Fever & Sore Throat- Acetaminophen
Sneezing & Runny Nose- Chlorpheniramine maleate
Cough- Dextromethorphan HBr
Stuffy Nose- Phenylephrine HCl
FL OZ (mL)
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Children's Tylenol® Plus Multi-Symtpom Cold.
DISTRIBUTED BY: FAMILY DOLLAR SERVICES, INC.,
10401 MONROE RD, MATTHEWS, NC 28105 USA
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
|CHILDRENS PLUS MULTI SYMPTOM COLD
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS) (024472631)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 2, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.