Mucus Relief Severe Congestion and Cough Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on October 11, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 20mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 20mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: EQUATE (Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.)
NDC Code: 49035-037
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- nasal congestion due to a cold
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
do not use more than directed.
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 14 mg
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, EDTA disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
Compare to Mucinex® Fast-Max® Severe Congestion & Cough Maximum Strength active ingredients*
Severe Congestion and Cough
Dextromethorphan HBr-Cough Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl-Nasal Decongestant
- helps control cough
- relieves nose and chest congestion
- thins and loosens mucus
For ages 12+
FL OZ (mL)
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Mucinex® Fast-Max® Severe Congestion & Cough Maximum Strength.
Distributed by: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.,
Bentonville, AR 72716
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
|MUCUS RELIEF SEVERE CONGESTION AND COUGH
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - EQUATE (Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.) (051957769)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.