Naproxen Sodium by The Kroger Co.
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: NAPROXEN SODIUM 220mg
Labeler: The Kroger Co.
NDC Code: 30142-055
Naproxen sodium 220 mg
(naproxen 200 mg) (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- you have difficulty swallowing
- it feels like the pill is stuck in your throat
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.(1-800-222-1222)
- do not take more than directed
- the smallest effective dose should be used
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- take 1 tablet every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms last
- for the first dose you may take 2 tablets within the first hour
- do not exceed 2 tablets in any 8- to 12-hour period
- do not exceed 3 tablets in a 24-hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each tablet contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77ºF). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40ºC (104ºF).
- read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, hypromellose 2910, maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone k-30, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Compare to the active ingredient in Aleve®
see side panel†
Naproxen sodium Tablets, 220 mg
pain reliever / fever reducer (NSAID)
†Aleve® is a registered trademark of Bayer HealthCare LLC, Morristown, NJ 07960. Bayer HealthCare LLC is not affiliated with The Kroger Co. of this product.
DO NOT USE IF INNER SEAL UNDER BOTTLE CAP IMPRINTED WITH "SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION" IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
The Kroger Co.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
naproxen sodium tablet
|Labeler - The Kroger Co. (006999528)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|