Cough Cold and Sore Throat Childrens
Medically reviewed on April 2, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg in 10mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 10mL, GUAIFENESIN 200mg in 10mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 10mL
NDC Code: 0363-4050
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
- nasal congestion
- stuffy nose
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or monprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not use more than directed (see Overdose warning).
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- cough comes back, or occurs with a rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
- keep dosing cup with product
- use only the enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- dose as follows, or as directed by a doctor
- children 6 to under 12 years of age: 10 mL in dosing cup provided
- children under 6 years of age: do not use
- each 10 mL contains: sodium 6 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, EDTA disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate dihydrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to Children's Mucinex® Cold, Cough & Sore Throat active ingredients††
Cold, Cough & Sore Throat
ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg /
PAIN RELIEVER / FEVER REDUCER
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr 10 mg /
GUAIFENESIN 200 mg / EXPECTORANT
PHENYLEPHRINE HCI 5 mg / NASAL DECONGESTANT
- Relief from cough, sore throat, stuffy nose & chest congestion
- Breaks up mucus
AGES 6 - 11 YEARS
FL OZ (mL)
††This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Children's Mucinex® Cold, Cough & Sore Throat.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
|COUGH COLD AND SORE THROAT
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.