Medique Diotame by Unifirst First Aid Corporation
Medically reviewed on October 14, 2016
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: Unifirst First Aid Corporation
NDC Code: 47682-210
Bismuth Subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever/antidiarrheal
- traveler's diarrhea
- upset stomach reliever due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's Syndrome a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
When using this product a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue and/or stool may occur. Stool darkening should not be confused with melena.
Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or poison control center immediately.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- do not use more than directed
- chew or dissolve in mouth
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration, which may accompany diarrhea
- do not exceed 16 tablets in 24 hours
Take 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour or 4 tablets every hour as needed
Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 1.1mg per tablet
- each tablet contains 73mg elemental calcium
- store at room temperature 59°-86°F (15°-30°C)
- tamper-evident sealed packets
- do not use any opened or torn packets
acacia gum, aspartame, calcium carbonate, D&C red #27, dextrates, flavoring, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide
Questions or comments? 1-800-634-7680
|Labeler - Unifirst First Aid Corporation (832947092)|