ASPIRIN Low Strength
Medically reviewed on January 31, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-945
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take more or for a longer time than directed
if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- new symptoms occur
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, hypromellose, methacrylic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, shellac wax, simethicone, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Compare to the active ingredient in St. Joseph® Low Dose Safety Coated 81 mg Aspirin†
Pain reliever (NSAID)
Protects against stomach upset
300 ENTERIC COATED TABLETS
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by St. Josephs Healthcare Products, LLC, owner of the registered trademark St. Joseph® Low Dose Safety Coated 81 mg Aspirin.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2015 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS V-11112
√ CVS® Quality
Money Back Guarantee
aspirin tablet, coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(59779-945)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(59779-945)|