Naproxen Sodium by MEIJER, INC.
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: NAPROXEN SODIUM 220mg
Labeler: MEIJER, INC.
NDC Code: 41250-073
Naproxen sodium 220 mg
(naproxen 200 mg) (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- minor pain or arthritis
- muscular aches
- menstrual cramps
- the common cold
- temporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma or had a stroke
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- you have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- slurred speech
- leg swelling
- trouble breathing
- weakness in one part or side of body
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- you have difficulty swallowing
- it feels like the capsule is stuck in your throat
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- do not take more than directed
- the smallest effective dose should be used
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- if taken with food, this product may take longer to work
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- take 1 capsule every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms last
- for the first dose you may take 2 capsules within the first hour
- do not exceed 2 capsules in any 8- to 12-hour period
- do not exceed 3 capsules in a 24-hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each capsule contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
- read all directions and warnings before use. Keep carton.
FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, lactic acid, mannitol, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol 600, povidone K30, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredient in Aleve®
capsules, 220 mg (NSAID)
pain reliever/fever reducer
Strength to last 12 hours
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare, LLC, distributor of Aleve®.
DIST. BY MEIJER DISTRIBUTION, INC.
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49544
naproxen sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - MEIJER, INC. (006959555)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.