Peptic Relief by Rugby Laboratories
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: Rugby Laboratories
NDC Code: 0536-1021
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth Subsalicytate 262mg
Anti-diarrheal/Upset stomach reliever
In case of overdose,, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
* Relieves: diarrhea, hearbrun, indigesttion, nausea, upset stomach associated with these symptoms
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Do not take if you are
* allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
* taking other salicylate products
Do not use
* if you have bloody or black stool
* if you have an ulcer or bleeding problem
Ask a doctor before use if you have
* mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
* anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
* symptoms get worse
* ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
* diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
* drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
* repeat dosage every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
* do not take more than 8 doses (16 tablets) in 24 hours
* use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
* adults and children 12 years and over:
2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
* children under 12 years: ask a doctor
* each tablet contains: calcium 140 mg
sodium less than 1 mg (very low sodium)
* store at 15°-30°C (59°-86°F); avoid excessive heat (over 104ºF or 40ºC)
* protect from moisture
calcium carbonate, D&C red #27 (aluminum lake), flavor, magnesium stearate, mannitol, pregelatinized starch, saccharin sodium
peptic relief tablet
|Labeler - Rugby Laboratories (079246066)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.