Childrens Plus Cough and Runny Nose
Medically reviewed on October 26, 2017
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Chain Drug Consortium, LLC
NDC Code: 68016-130
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs contaning acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- liver disease
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning )
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts for more than 5 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) could cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- do not use in infants
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- use enclosed dosage cup
- tsp = teaspoon, mL = milliliter
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 36||under 4||do not use|
|36-47||4-5||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|48-95||6-11||2 teaspoons or 10 mL|
- store at room temperature
acesulfame potassium, alcohol, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, cellulose, citric acid, D&C red 33, FD&C red 40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, xanthan gum
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN CHILDREN'S TYLENOL® PLUS COUGH & RUNNY NOSE*
Children's Plus Cough and Runny Nose Oral Suspension
Acetaminophen Pain reliever/fever reducer
Chlorpheniramine maleate Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr Cough suppressant
Alcohol .02 percent
FL OZ (mL)
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, distributor of Children's Tylenol® Plus Cough & Runny Nose.
DISTRIBUTED BY CHAIN DRUG CONSORTIUM
3301 NW BOCA RATON BLVD
SUITE 101, BOCA RATON, FL 33431
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.org
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL ON THE BOTTLE IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
|CHILDRENS PLUS COUGH AND RUNNY NOSE
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide suspension
|Labeler - Chain Drug Consortium, LLC (101668460)|