Fiber Therapy Regular Flavor
Medically reviewed on September 28, 2017.
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: PSYLLIUM HUSK 3.4g in 5.4g
Labeler: Kinray LLC
NDC Code: 61715-129
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Psyllium Powder 3.4 gms (approximately)
Fiber Laxative / Fiber Supplement
- effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity
- daily fiber supplement
- for lowering cholesterol to promote heart health. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that includes 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium powder, as in this product, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One Adult dose of this product has 2.4 gms of this soluble fiber. Consult a doctor if you are considering use of this product as part of a chloesterol-lowering program.
- Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention
- The product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
- a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- constipation lasts more than 7 days
- rectal bleeding occurs
- These may be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, contact a doctor or a Poison Control Center right away
Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product with enough liquid may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty in swallowing. See choking warnings. Stir briskly and drink promptly. if mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir.
|LAXATIVE USE||DIETARY SUPPLEMENT FIBER USE|
|Adults 12 years & older||1 rounded teaspoon (5.4 g) in 8 oz. of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily||1 rounded teaspoon (5.4 g) in 8 oz. of liquid 3 times daily.|
|Children 6 years to under 12 years||1/2 the adult dose in 8 oz. of liquid, up to 3 times daily||consult a doctor|
|Children under 6 years||consult a doctor||consult a doctor
- Put one dose into an empty glass
- Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid.
- Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warining.
- Stir briskly and drink immediately. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir. An additional glass of liquid is recommended.
Bulk forming fibers like psyllium may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increase fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
New Users: Your doctor can recommend the right dosage of this product to best meet your needs. In general, start by taking one dose a day. Gradually increase to three doses per day, if needed or recommeded by your doctor.
- DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF PRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
- store at room temperature
- keep tightly closed to protect from humidity
- each teaspoon contains: potassium 30 mg; sodium 5 mg
citric acid, and maltodextrin
|FIBER THERAPY REGULAR FLAVOR
psyllium dietary fiber supplement granule, for solution
|Labeler - Kinray LLC (012574513)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.