Cough Relief by Chain Drug Consortium, LLC
Medically reviewed on October 26, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 5mL
Labeler: Chain Drug Consortium, LLC
NDC Code: 68016-156
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mg
temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants.
- if you are on a sodium-restricted diet
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- do not use more than directed
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately.
- take recommended dosage or as directed by a doctor
- tsp = teaspoon, mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoonfuls every 6-8 hours, not to exceed 4 doses in 24 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years||1 teaspoonful every 6-8 hours, not to exceed 4 doses in 24 hours|
|children 4 to under 6 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at room temperature
citric acid, edetate disodium, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, hydroxyethyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol 3350, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucralose, sucrose, xanthan gum, yellow 6
SEE NEW DOSING INFORMATION
FL OZ (mL)
Contains no fever reducer or pain reliever
This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Delsym® Cough Suppressant.
Distributed by: Chain Drug Consortium, LLC.,
3301 NW Boca Raton Blvd., Suite 101
Boca Raton, FL 33431
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL ON THE BOTTLE IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
dextromethorphan hbr liquid
|Labeler - Chain Drug Consortium, LLC (101668460)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.