Docusate Sodium by Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Medically reviewed on Jun 28, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 50mg in 5mL
Labeler: Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
NDC Code: 0121-0544
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate sodium 50 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
- rash occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Dose once daily
- take with 6 to 8 oz of milk, juice or infant formula to mask the bitter taste.
|adults and children 12 years and older||5 to 20 mL (1 to 4 teaspoonfuls)|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||5 to 10 mL (1 to 2 teaspoonfuls)|
|children 3 to under 6 years of age||2.5 to 5 mL (1/2 to 1 teaspoonful)|
|children under 3 years||ask a doctor|
- Sodium content: 14 mg/ 5 mL
- Store at controlled room temperature, 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F)
- Protect from freezing
- Protect from light
- Purple colored, cherry flavored liquid supplied in the following:
|NDC 0121-0544-16:||16 fl oz (473 mL) bottle|
|NDC 0121-0544-10:||10 mL unit dose cup. Case contains 100 unit dose cups of 10 mL packaged in 10 trays of 10 unit dose cups each.|
|NDC 0121-0544-25:||25 mL unit dose cup. Case contains 100 unit dose cups of 25 mL packaged in 10 trays of 10 unit dose cups each.|
Citric acid, D&C Red No. 33, flavoring, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, and sorbitol.
Greenville, SC 29605
Docusate Sodium Liquid
100 mg/10 mL
STOOL SOFTENER LAXATIVE
USUAL DOSAGE: See attached Drug Facts
This unit-dose package is not child-resistant.
Store at 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F)
[See USP Controlled Room Temperature].
10 x 10 mL Unit-Dose Cups
Greenville, SC 29605
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc. (044940096)|
|Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.||097630693||manufacture(0121-0544)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.