Robitussin Medi-Soothers Cough DM
Medically reviewed on November 24, 2017
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg, MENTHOL, UNSPECIFIED FORM 5mg
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8649
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each lozenge)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Menthol 5 mg||Oral anesthetic|
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- occasional minor irritation, pain, sore mouth, and sore throat
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 12 lozenges in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
- allow lozenges (one immediately after the other) to dissolve slowly in the mouth
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||2 lozenges every 4 hours|
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Store in a dry place.
acacia, ascorbyl palmitate, beta-carotene, caramel, corn syrup, dehydrated alcohol, dextrin, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, lecithin, natural & artificial flavors, propylene glycol, purified water, sucralose, sucrose, sunflower oil, vitamin E
Questions or comments?
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
For most recent product information,
Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
|ROBITUSSIN MEDI-SOOTHERS COUGH DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and menthol lozenge
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390835)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.