Saline Laxative by Major Pharmaceuticals
Medically reviewed on September 12, 2017
Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC 7g in 133mL, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONOBASIC 19g in 133mL
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-6320
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dibasic sodium phosphate 7 g
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19 g
- relieves occasional constipation
For rectal use only
Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
- a sodium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- kidney disease, heart problems, or are dehydrated
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- do not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage.
- do not use for more than 3 days
- you have rectal bleeding
- you have no bowel movement after use of a laxative
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
|adults & children 12 years and over||one bottle once daily|
|children 2 to under 12 years||½ bottle once daily|
|children under 2 years||do not use|
- each 118 mL contains: sodium 4.3 g
- store at room temperature 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes
benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, purified water
saline laxative enema
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.