Medically reviewed on May 21, 2018
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 80mg
Labeler: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A. Inc.
NDC Code: 51672-2114
Acetaminophen, USP 80 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for ages 6 to 11 months
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for ages 12 to 36 months
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
For rectal use only.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription).
If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- the child has liver disease.
- the child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs.
- pain lasts more than 3 days or gets worse.
- new symptoms occur.
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or warnings for adult use
- do not use more than directed
- remove wrapper
- carefully insert suppository well up into the rectum
|under 6 months||Do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|6 to 11 months||Use 1 suppository every 6 hours (maximum of 4 doses in 24 hours)|
|12 to 36 months||Use 1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours (maximum of 5 doses in 24 hours)|
- store at 2°-27°C (35°-80°F)
- do not use if imprinted suppository wrapper is opened or damaged
glycerol monostearate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, polyoxyethylene stearate, polysorbate 80
Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Hawthorne, NY 10532
|Labeler - Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A. Inc. (145186370)|
|G&W NC Laboratories, Inc.||079419931||MANUFACTURE(51672-2114)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.