Daytime Cold and Flu Relief Non Drowsy
Medically reviewed on October 30, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg in 15mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 15mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 15mL
Labeler: Safeway, Inc.
NDC Code: 21130-311
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 doses (12 tablespoons or 180 mL) in 24 hours for adults
- more than 5 doses (5 tablespoons or 75 mL) in 24 hours for children 6-12 years old
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- a sodium-restricted diet
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center 91-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as recommended (see overdose warning)
- do not exceed 5 doses(children) or 6 doses (adults per 24 hours
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- tbsp=tablespoon, mL= milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tbsp (30 mL) every 4 hours|
|children 6 to 11 years||1 tbsp (15 mL) every 4 hours|
|children 4 to 5 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- When using Day Time and Night Time products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosing.
- each 15 mL contains: sodium 71 mg
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
citric acid, FD&C yellow #6, glycerin, natural & artificial flavor, polyethylene glycol 300, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate, sucrose
Cold & Flu Relief
Acetaminophen 325 mg-Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg-COugh Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg- Nasal Decongestant
Compare to Vicks® DayQuil® active ingredients*
- Alcohol free
- Antihistamine free
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, owner of the registered trademark Vicks® DayQuil®
Failure to follow these warnings could result in serious consequences.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
DISTRIBUTED BY SAFEWAY INC.
P.O. BOX 99, PLEASANTON, CA 94566-0009
|DAYTIME COLD AND FLU RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Safeway, Inc. (009137209)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.