CVS Pharmacy by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on Dec 21, 2017
Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC, UNSPECIFIED FORM 3.5g in 59mL, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONOBASIC, UNSPECIFIED FORM 9.5g in 59mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-969
saline laxative enema
|Active ingredients (in each 59 mL delivered dose)||Purpose|
|Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 3.5g||Saline laxative|
|Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 9.5g||Saline laxative|
- relieves occasional constipation
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes
For rectal use only.
Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using if the child
- have already used a laxative for more than 3 days
- have kidney disease, have heart problems, or are dehydrated
- are 55 years of age or older
- have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- have a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage
- do not use for more than 3 days, without asking a doctor
Stop use and ask a doctor if the child
- has rectal bleeding
- has no bowel movement within 30 minutes of enema use
- has symptoms of dehydration (thirstiness, dizzyness, vomiting, urinating less often than normal) These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away: 800-222-1222.
(or as directed by a doctor)
Single daily dosage (per 24 hours)
Do not use if taking another sodium phosphate product.
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
|children 2 to 11 years||1 bottle once daily|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- each 59 mL contains: sodium 2.2g
- store at 15 to 30°C (59 to 86°F)
- additional liquids by mouth are recommended while using this product
- Tamper Evident: DO NOT USE IF TOP OR BOTTOM FLAP OF CARTON IS TORN OR MISSING.
benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, purified water
866-323-0107 or www.natureplex.com
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
saline laxative enema
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|