Tussin CF Maximum Strength by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on October 10, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 10mL, GUAIFENESIN 400mg in 10mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 10mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-047
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant.
do not use more than directed.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- shake well before using
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
- tsp = teaspoon, mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tsp (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- store at 20º-25°C (68º-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
artificial flavor, citric acid, FD&C red #40, glycerin, menthol, polyethylene glycol 300, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredients in Robitussin® CF Max*
ADULT COUGH & COLD
Cough Suppressant (Dextromethorphan HBr)
Nasal Decongestant (Phenylephrine HCl)
- Stuffy nose
- Chest congestion/mucus
For ages 12 & over
FL OZ (mL)
Dosage cup provided
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
Product of U.S.A.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, distributors of Robitussin® CF Max.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF SAFETY SEAL ON THE BOTTLE OR UNDER THE CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.