Bisacody Enteric Coated by Hy-Vee
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
NDC Code: 42507-190
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl USP 5 mg
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take with a glass of water
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||take 1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1 tablet in a single daily dose|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
• store between 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
acacia, anhydrous calcium sulfate, anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, gelatin, iron oxide, iron oxide black, iron oxide yellow, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide
Call toll free 1-800-289-8343 Monday-Friday 9AM-4PM CST
†Compare to the Active Ingredient of Dulcolax®
BISACODYL, 5 mg
Gentle Yet Effective
Enteric Coated Tablets
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., distributor of Dulcolax® Laxative.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY HY-VEE, INC.
WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266
bisacodyl tablet, coated
|Labeler - Hy-Vee (006925671)|
Medically reviewed on May 29, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.