Famotidine by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Medically reviewed on September 2, 2016
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: FAMOTIDINE 10mg
Labeler: Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
NDC Code: 0093-2748
Famotidine, USP 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion
and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion
and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking
certain food and beverages.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or
other acid reducers.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting
with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be
signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a
sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath;
sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders;
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose,
get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center
right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of
water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of
water at anytime from 15 to 60 minutes before eating
food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
TAMPER-EVIDENT: Do not use this product if carton has
been opened, if blister backing appears to have been
disturbed, or if individual blister units are broken or torn.
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Red #40 aluminum lake,
FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium
stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol,
pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, talc,
call 1-888-838-2872, weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time
|Labeler - Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (001627975)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.