Famotidine by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Medically reviewed on September 3, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: FAMOTIDINE 10mg
Labeler: Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
NDC Code: 0093-2748
Famotidine, USP 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion
and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion
and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking
certain food and beverages.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or
other acid reducers.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting
with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be
signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a
sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath;
sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders;
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose,
get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center
right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of
water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of
water at anytime from 15 to 60 minutes before eating
food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
TAMPER-EVIDENT: Do not use this product if carton has
been opened, if blister backing appears to have been
disturbed, or if individual blister units are broken or torn.
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Red #40 aluminum lake,
FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium
stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol,
pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, talc,
call 1-888-838-2872, weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time
|Labeler - Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (001627975)|