Codeine-Guaifenesin by Method Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Medically reviewed on June 18, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CODEINE PHOSPHATE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Method Pharmaceuticals, LLC
NDC Code: 58657-500
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each teaspoonful (5 mL))
Codeine Phosphate USP 10 mg
(in each teaspoonful (5 mL))
Guaifenesin USP 100 mg
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold or inhaled irritants
- your cough to help you sleep
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and makes cough more productive.
- you have a persistent cough, this may be a sign of a serious condition
- you have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- you have a cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- you have chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath
- giving to a child who is taking other drugs
- giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child. A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age.
- may cause or aggravate constipation
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days, tend to recur or are accompanied by fever and rash or persistent headache. These may be symptoms of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours.
|Adults and children |
12 years of age and over:
|2 tsp (10 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children 6 to under |
12 years of age:
|1 tsp (5 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor.|
|Children under |
6 years of age:
|Consult a doctor.|
Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
Cherry Flavor, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol.
codeine phosphate and guaifenesin solution
|Labeler - Method Pharmaceuticals, LLC (060216698)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.