Acetaminophen by McKesson
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 500mg
NDC Code: 62011-0049
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
|adults and children 12 years and over||
- take 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
|children under 12 years||
- do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
- store between 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- retain carton for complete product information
crospovidone, methylparaben, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylparaben, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid
Distributed by McKesson
One Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 500 mg Tablet Bottle Carton
compare to Tylenol®
Extra Strength Tablets
active ingredient †
acetaminophen 500 mg
pain reliever/fever reducer
100 tablets 500mg each
SEE NEW WARNINGS INFORMATION
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG||Item Code (Source)||NDC:62011-0049
|Route of Administration||ORAL||DEA Schedule||
|Active Ingredient/Active Moiety
|Ingredient Name||Basis of Strength||Strength
|Acetaminophen (Acetaminophen) ||Acetaminophen||500 mg
|SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A CORN||
|#||Item Code||Package Description
|1||NDC:62011-0049-1||1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC in 1 CARTON
|1||100 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Marketing Start Date||Marketing End Date
|OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL||part343||12/13/2012||
|Labeler - McKesson
← See all Acetaminophen brands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.