Childrens Delsym Cough Plus Cold Day Time
Medically reviewed on March 12, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: acetaminophen 325mg in 10mL, dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg in 10mL, guaifenesin 200mg in 10mL, phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg in 10mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-216
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Cough Plus™ Cold Day Time
|Active ingredients (in each 10 mL)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if:
- adult takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the user is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not use more than directed
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adult)
- fever gets worse, or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
|Age (year)||Dose (mL)|
|adults and children 12 years of age and older||20 mL every 4 hours; do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||10 mL every 4 hours; do not take more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period|
|children under 6 years of age||do not use|
- each 10 mL contains: sodium 6 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
- may contain this ingredient
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. By: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
COUGH +™ COLD
Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl (Nasal Decongestant)
✓ Sore Throat
✓ Nasal & Chest Congestion
6 fl oz (180 mL)
COUGH PLUS COLD DAY TIME
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.