Preferred Plus Hemorrhoid
Medically reviewed on January 24, 2018.
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Glycerin 144mg in 1L, Petrolatum 150mg in 1L, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 2.5mg in 1L, Pramoxine Hydrochloride 10mg in 1L
Labeler: Kinray, Inc.
NDC Code: 61715-092
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
Pramoxine HCl1 %
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- temporarily relieves burning
- aids in protecting irritated anorectal areas
For external use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put this product into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
- bleeding occur
- condition gets worse or does not Improve within 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults: when practical, cleanse and gently dry the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing tissue or soft cloth before applying gel
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- for lot number and expiration date, see crimp of tube or see box
- cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, monosterate, mineral oil, peg 40 castor oil, propylene glycol, purified water, stearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E)
TAMPER-EVIDENT: Do not use if printed "safety sealed" overwrap is broken or missing.
Preferred Plus Pharmacy®
CREAM Maximum Strength Pain Relief
*Compare to the active ingredients in PREPARATION H® Cooling Gel
Smooth Cream Formula
- Rapid Soothing Pain Relief from Painful Burning, Itching and Discomfort
- Shrinks Swollen Hemorrhoidal Tissue
- Protects Irritated Tissue
- Relieves External Discomfort
Preferred Plus Pharmacy®
NET WT 1 OZ (28 g)
|PREFERRED PLUS HEMORRHOID
glycerin, petrolatum, phenylephrine hydrochloride, pramoxine hydrochloride cream
|Labeler - Kinray, Inc. (012574513)|
|PJ Noyes Company||018927392||MANUFACTURE(61715-092)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.